After 1 hour train ride from Sapporo station, you will reach Minenobu-station.
- Hour & Close
- Hour 10:00-18:00 (10:00-16:00 in winter)
- Close Weekdays
- Language Support & Services
- Language English (fluent)
- Restaurant No
- cellar Door Yes
- Tasting Yes
- Grape Variety Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Noir
- Winery Tour No
- by Car 5 min from Mikasa IC of Hokkaido Expressway
- by Train Minenobu station of JR Hakodate Line, and 10min by taxi
- Taxi stand at Nearest Station Yes (but usually no taxi)
Report by VisitEDjapanesewinery.com
From this station, it is 15 min taxi ride (1500 JPY) to get to this cute entrance of Yamazaki Winery (As there is no staff in Minenobu station, pre-request of taxi is recommended. If you are going to Yamazaki Winery from Iwamizawa station (taxi is always available), it will cost about 3500 JPY).
They don’t have regular winery tour, but you can taste freely in their tasting room. To enter this room, you have to take off your shoes and you can relax in Japanese style! Most of their wine is available only at this cellar door because they make their wine only from their own grapes and the production volume is not very high. So please do not miss to get your favourite.
Their vineyard is originally a small mountain made by upthrust of the horizontal layer, and then it was cultivated it into flat land. Thus they have seven kinds of soils laid like a rainbow.