Hokkaido wine has huge own vineyard in Tsurunuma, as well as Yoichi. They are the largest winery in Hokkaido.
- Hour & Close
- Hour 9:00-17:00
- Close Year-end and New year
- Language Support & Services
- Language English (Limited)
- Restaurant No
- cellar Door Yes
- Tasting Yes
- Grape Variety Kerner, Zweigelt, Gewürztraminer, Niagara
- Winery Tour Yes (large group need reservation by tel, fax, or Email)
- by Car 15 min from Asai IC of Sasson Expressway
- by Train Minami-otaru station of JR Hakodate Line, and 20 min by taxi
- Taxi stand at Nearest Station Yes
Report by VisitEDjapanesewinery.com
In Hokkaido, vines are buried under the snow during long winter to protect them from freezing. Koji Saito, vineyard manager of Tsurunuma vineyard is showing how they do that using deed vine. The trunk is leaning for the ease of this procedure.
When the snow disappear, they tie the vines to the wire one by one every year. It is an enormous labour!
Outer wall of the winery’s building is made by old wooden power poles. It is very rare to see those poles nowadays.
In the cellar door, they offer wine tasting, some local foods suitable for souvenir, and wide tasging table with fine view.
They also offer trail map where you can see this great view of ocean. In summer, they have a festival which you can enjoy music, wine, and food in the vineyards
They produce wide range of styles of wines from dry fresh Kerner, medium bodied Zweigelt, to Sweet late harvest wines. Especially, they put the name of vineyard manager on the label for their premium wines.