To reach swiss-mura winery, you can use Toyoshina station or Tazawa satation (photo).
- Hour & Close
- Hour 9:00-17:00 (Nov - Mar; 9:00-16:00)
- Close New Years day
- Language Support & Services
- Language Japanese language only
- Restaurant No
- cellar Door Yes
- Tasting Yes
- Grape Variety Niagara, Concord, Sauvignon Blanc
- Winery Tour Yes (Self Tour; Need reservation when more than 20 people by tel, fax, or Email)
- by Car 3 min from Toyoshina IC of Nagano Expressway
- by Train Toyoshina station, JR Ohito Line, and 10 min by taxi
- Taxi stand at Nearest Station Yes
Report by VisitEDjapanesewinery.com
To call a taxi, you should find this building in front of the Tazawa station and use the phone directly connected to a taxi company by pressing “a” button. Be careful that most of them don’t speak English…
Once you reached there, they have large cellar door you can enjoy tasting. Historically, this region is famous for sweet wine made from Labrusca Grapes such as Concord or Niagara. But you can try unique wine which is called as “Nigori”, that is non-filtered semi-sweet Sauvignon Blanc.
The Swiss mura winery is a part of large complex which was built for sightseeing, so you can enjoy horseback riding just next to this winery.